This is my twenty-fifth year working for Milwaukee Public Schools and I continue to take pride in the work that we are doing for our children. My work as an administrator in MPS continues to be challenging, but my passion and commitment remain strong.
I understand my charge as principal is to ensure that our students are ready to compete in this changing world. As a staff we need to ensure that our students work collaboratively with others, think critically and are prepared for the changing times with which they will be faced.
I have spent many hours reflecting on what my own strengths and weaknesses are and using this information to help plan for the following school years. My desire is to turn this school into a school that offers excellence for our students, but also offers opportunities for our parents and the community we serve.
In short, the following questions will need to be reflected upon daily:
- How are we better today than we were yesterday?
- How are we providing the best customer service to our families?
- How are we providing academic excellence for all students?
- How are we preparing our students for their changing world?
- Most importantly as principal, how am I leading with integrity?
The honest reflection and answers to these questions will help guide me and my staff into creating the success that is necessary.
Principal of Hayes Bilingual