- October 8: Hispanic Culture–Avocados, Cilantro, Garlic, Jalapeño pepper, Lime, Mango, Plantain, Roma tomatoes, White onion
- October 15: European Culture–Eggplant, Garlic, Kiwi, Parsley, Persimmon, Roma tomatoes, Thyme, Yellow bell pepper, Yellow squash, Zucchini
- October 22: Asian Culture–Bok choy, Carrots, Cilantro, Dragon fruit, Fresh coconut, Ginger, Green onions, Purple and green cabbage, Red pepper
- October 29: African American Culture–Cilantro, Collard greens, Garlic, Jalapeño pepper, Lime, Okra, Red onion, Yams, Yellow onion
MPS families can pick up free fresh produce each Thursday in October
During October, Milwaukee Public Schools will offer free weekly produce bags at MPS Stop, Grab, and Go locations. Families are invited to enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables!
Produce bags will be provided by the MPS Department of Nutrition Services through a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP). MPS families can receive a free bag of fresh produce every Thursday during the month of October.
- One produce bag will be provided per family while supplies last.
- Bags will be available during regular meal distribution hours (11:30 A.M. to 1:30 P.M.).
- Families can pick up a produce bag without students being present.
- The FFVP produce bags will Celebrate Culture Through Food. The four cultures being celebrated are Hispanic, European, Asian, and African American.
- Each produce bag will offer fresh fruits and vegetables from around the world, nutrition facts, and ethnic recipes. The items in each bag will vary each week.
The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program is designed to promote healthy eating. Families can support this program by:
- Being a role model for your child and trying new fruits and vegetables together;
- Using the nutrition information in each bag to learn about the produce with your child; and
- Having your child help you make the recipes provided in each bag.
Stop Grab and Go
Stop, Grab & Go Locations
To support students, Milwaukee Public Schools will continue to offer free breakfast and lunch at the Stop, Grab & Go locations listed below. Due to guidelines, MPS is no longer able to provide meals to adults. MPS provides the meals free of charge to all enrolled MPS students or anyone in the community under the age of 18. Meals can be picked up at any Stop, Grab & Go location.
An MPS student and/or family member needs to provide the following information to pick up a meal:
- Student’s first and last name or student ID number
- Student’s school name
- Student’s grade level
A non-MPS student under the age of 18 and/or family member must provide the following information to pick up a meal:
- Indicate the meal is for someone under the age of 18
- Individual’s enrolled school
Special Dietary Needs Meal Requests
MPS provides meals for students with special dietary needs and religious restrictions. If you need a specialized meal for a student that has a food allergy or intolerance, texture modified diet, special diet (i.e. renal diet), or religious restriction, please complete the form below a minimum of two (2) days in advance before the date you would like to pick up the student’s meal at an MPS Stop, Grab, and Go location.