Hawley is a unique and innovative recreation program for children ages 4-12 enrolled at Hawley Environmental. Designed for the convenience and benefit of the elementary school family, Camp Hawley offers before- and after-school activities on a daily basis. It is open from 7:00 a.m. until school starts and from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. Camp activities include homework help, sports, games, computers activities, arts and crafts, field trips and more.
Camp Hawley’s mission is to provide a safe and healthy supervised recreational enrichment environment for children during the school year. The camp is child-centered and benefits each child emotionally, physically, socially and educationally. Qualified adults staff Camp Hawley, sharing the philosophy that all children can learn and that quality recreational experiences help support the educational goals of MPS.
We provide the students with a safe place for before and after school activities including, but not limited to, homework support, tutoring, art projects, interactive group games, music activities, Aquaponics club, and much more.
Camp Hawley Payment Procedures:
– Students are now charged to the minute rather than for a full hour. Instead of being charged for a block of time we are now breaking it down to about $0.08 a minute. This is beneficial to parents/guardians because you will be charged the actual time your student is in the program and not for a larger block of time.
– Payments can be money, check, or money order made out to Camp Hawley.
– Camp Hawley does accept EBT payments
– Payments must be made ahead of time.
– Payment is $5.00 an hour with prorating to the minute. For example, if a child arrives at 7:30 and the school day starts at 8:45 the account will be charged $6.25 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
The following are examples of the new payment procedure to help determine daily and weekly camp costs:
Possible AM session costs
Possible PM session costs
|7:00-8:45 = $8.75||8:30-8:45 = $1.25||3:30-3:45 = $1.25||3:30-5:15 = $8.75|
|7:15-8:45 = $7.50||3:30- 4:00 = $2.50||3:30-5:30 = $10.00|
|7:30-8:45 = $6.25||3:30-4:15 = $3.75||3:30-5:45 = $11.25|
|7:45-8:45 = $5.00||3:30-4:30 = $5.00||3:30-6:00 = $12.50|
|8:00-8:45 = $3.75||3:30-4:45 = $6.25|
|8:15-8:45 = $2.50||3:30-5:00 = $7.50|
* Bills are sent out weekly via email, paper billing is upon request only*
**So if student A arrives at 8:05 in the morning they will be charged for 40 minutes (8:05-8:45) and billed $3.33.**
If you have any further questions or concerns please contact Mr.Delaney or Ms.Mitchell at 256-8500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.
Camp Hawley Staff for 2017-1028:
Mark Delaney = Administrative Director & Academic Tutor
Alberta Mitchell = Program Director & Instructor
Tasleem El-Amin = Instructor
Elizabeth Serwe = Instructor
Casey McEvilly = Tutor & Instructor
Kermit McClendon III = Tutor & Instructor
Camp Hawley Paper work 2017-2018:
Mad Science will be returning to Camp Hawley after school for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Mad Science is NOW OFFERING – A NEW Series of in-class coding workshops for Hawley 3rd-5th grade students on Tuesdays from 3:50-4:50pm during Camp Hawley.
Kids learn and apply the basic principles of coding in a fun and educational game-like environment!
Coding Teaches Lifelong Skills:
Creativity & Innovation
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Communication & Collaboration
Don’t miss out on these amazing classes that will help build a better future for your students!