Hawley Environmental School is an MPS Elementary School with a special focus on STEM with an emphasis on Environmental Education (EE). We have a school greenhouse, Aquaponics lab, and take field trips to the Urban Ecology Center.
We work together within grade-levels and across grade levels to provide a STEM-EE program that teachers implement in their classrooms daily through intentional collaborative planning and planning for disciplinary literacy. Our school has progressively made growth based on the state’s school accountability report card and has been recognized for implementing Positive Behavior Intervention Supports.
Our school provides our students and parents with caring, understanding, and supportive educators who are focused on equity, relationship building with students and parents, culturally responsible and
- Type: STEAM & Environmental Education Elementary School
- Transportation: Call School
- Student Hours: 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Teacher Hours: 8:55 a.m.-4:05 p.m.
- School Office Hours: 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Special Programs: STEAM and Environmental Education
- Extended Day Activities: Before and After school Recreation program (Camp Hawley)
- Camp Hawley Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Junior Achievement
- Mad Science
- Co-ed basketball