Information provided by the School Counseling Department, enjoy this exciting time seniors!
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid):
- Seniors are able to submit their FAFSA as early as October 1 every year
- 2015 Tax information can be used for students attending college in the 2017-2018 school year
Upcoming ACT National Testing Dates for the 2016-2017 School Year:
- Please stop by Room 110 to register online for the National ACT
National ACT Testing Dates:
- ACT Prep booklet is available in Room 110 or visit ACT Prep Online or Team-Up College Access Centers
- Free Social Development Commission ACT Workshop, stop by Room 110 to register
MATC Promise Program, Class of 2017:
MATC will pay the tuition and fees, after federal and state financial aid has been applied, for eligible students for four consecutive semesters (up to 15 credits each semester; does not include Summer semester)
Who is eligible for the MATC Promise?
MATC Promise Eligibility Criteria for the Class of 2017
- 2017 on-time high school graduate
- Graduate from a high school in the MATC service district and/or reside in the MATC service district
- Register for the MATC Promise and apply for admission to MATC by Friday, January 13, 2017 – APPLY HERE!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Friday, January 13, 2017
- Achieve minimum composite score of 16 on the ACT
- Have 90% attendance rate during 2016-2017 academic year (senior year of high school)
- Achieve minimum 2.0 GPA during 2016-2017 academic year (senior year of high school)
- Student and academic program must meet eligibility requirements for federal and Wisconsin financial aid.
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,000 or lower (A student’s EFC is an index number of how much financial aid the student is eligible to receive; it is not the amount of money a student will have to pay for college, nor is it the amount of federal student aid a student will receive.)
- Enroll as a full-time student at MATC for the Fall 2017 semester
- Please check the school counseling bulletin board for scholarship applications or visit Career Cruising
Senior Data Chats
- Senior data chats will take place during Term 4. We will discuss progress toward graduation, FAFSA, upcoming ACT tests and post-secondary planning.