Winter Virtual Camps:
Please spread the word about these great virtual camp opportunities for students! The Extended Learning Opportunities Office is sponsoring a select number of seats in several camps so students can attend free of cost. Space is limited, and MPS students receive priority enrollment.
Wisconsin Conservatory of Music- MPS Winter Music Technology Camp
- Date: Dec. 28-30, 2020
- Time: 12:30-3:30pm
- Grades: 6-12
- Description: Join WCM faculty for 3 days of creating and composing music with digital audio workstations to sample, record, mix, and master. This 3-day winter camp is an introduction to the rapidly growing industry of music production and technology. There is no need for any musical background to participate and software subscriptions will be provided with registration. All software is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Chromebook, and Android systems.
- Registration link: https://forms.gle/soHZ4ibkdn2ED8rC9
Wisconsin Humane Society Virtual Camps
- Date: Dec. 29, 2020 (grades 1-3) or Dec. 30, 2020 (grades 4-6)
- Time: 9am-11am & 1-3pm
- Description: Come in from the cold and warm up with furry friends! Spend a day of your winter break with this cool virtual camp for young animal enthusiasts. Live virtual programming is four hours, split into two sections. A Zoom link will be sent to the parent email address. Exclusive WHS camp kits will be sent to the participant’s home address.
- Registration link: https://forms.gle/G5sw2YWtuAARfYoTA
For additional questions or information, contact Devin Lazo at 414-475-8394 or email@example.com .
Milwaukee Public Schools students should get ready to enter the art, speech, and writing competitions that are part of the annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Celebration. The program is open to students in kindergarten through grade 12. Winners will be recognized during the virtual celebration on January 17, 2021.
Next year’s celebration will be the 36th annual event hosted in our community. Milwaukee is one of only two cities that have celebrated the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. annually since 1984.
Students should begin planning their entries to reflect the theme for 2021: Keep Moving Forward. These words were chosen from King’s address given at Spelman College on April 10, 1960. In their entries, students should reflect on this theme and how it relates to themselves or their families, schools, neighborhoods, or world.
The art, speech, and writing contests are open to students who live in the city of Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, or West Bend or are enrolled in a public or private school within the city of Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, or West Bend.
Entries in the writing contest must be submitted by 5:00 P.M. on Monday, November 16, 2020.
Entries in the art and speech contests must be submitted by 5:00 P.M. on Friday, November 20, 2020.
To read more about this celebration and to find the complete rules for the art, speech, and writing contests, visit the MLK Birthday Celebration page on the Marcus Performing Arts Center website.
Click below for information regarding the Salvation Army’s Winter Coat Distribution.
Click the link below for information on how to register with Toys for Tots
Click the link below for information.
Please Click the link below to view Our Proud Principal, Mr. Hilliard’s Newsletter.
Home and School Connection Resource
Tonight is our First Virtual Open House. Click the Link below to join. Please join us at 4:20 pm tonight. We will be available until 6:20 pm.
Come on in!
Milwaukee Public Schools wants to understand how we can best support student learning and family needs. We also want families to know about opportunities to offer input to schools and the district. Your opinions are important to us!
As we navigate virtual learning and we anticipate ongoing changes, family opinions are more important than ever. The best way to help us serve students is to take part in our survey as soon as possible.
Please complete our Family Interest Survey to help us understand your needs. The survey takes about 10 minutes and will remain open until October 31, 2020.
Access the survey at Family Interest Survey 2020.
Thank you in advance for your participation!