PRELUDE TO REVOLUTION – THE CAUSES AND EVENTS
1. What was signed in 1763? By whom was it signed?
2. What did it say? (try to use your own words to explain)
3. When was the Sugar Act passed? (Be sure to use the link highlighted in this question to find the answer, as it provides the answer to numbers 4-7 as well)
4. What was passed in 1765? Name 8 items which were taxed.
5. What happened on December 16, 1773?
6. What event happened on March 5, 1770?
7. Describe in your own words what happened on this day.
8. Who actually hung the two lanterns in the Old North Church on April 18, 1775?
9. What were the Intolerable Acts?
10. Name the 5 laws which were passed in this Act.
IMPORTANT PEOPLE OF THE REVOLUTION
11. On what date did Paul Revere make his historic ride?
12. Who went with Paul Revere on this ride? 13. Pick a quote by either Thomas Paine, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin or John Adams. Write a sentence about how that specific quote could relate to the Revolutionary War as a whole.
BATTLES OF THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR
Go to History Place and fill in the blanks with the appropriate words:
14. At dawn on April 19 about 70 armed Massachusetts militiamen stand face to face on Lexington Green with the British advance guard. An unordered ‘________ ____________ _____________ ______ __________’ begins the _____________________ __________.
15. After Lexington, where did the British go?
16. What were the British and American casualties(dead and wounded) at Bunker Hill?
17. Who was the commander of the British forces who ordered his troops to destroy the military stores at Concord in April of 1775?
18. What Revolutionary War battle was fought on October 7, 1780?
19. Which side won this battle?
20. On what date was the Battle of Trenton fought?
21. Describe the painting found on this website.
22. Where was Washington defeated on September 11, 1777? ______________________________
23. Where was he defeated on October 4, 1777? _________________________________
24. What was one of the most commonly used (popular) weapons of the Revolutionary War?
25. What was the most powerful weapon used?
26. Name two other weapons used in the Revolutionary War.
27. What young woman posed as a man so that she could serve for the American Army in the War for Independence?
28. What were the names of the two sisters who stole an important message from British soldiers and carried it to General Greene of the American Army?
29. Name one other woman who aided the cause of the American Army.