January’s School Governance Council Meeting took place on Wednesday, January 27th, 2016.
At the meeting we discussed;
- STAR Assessment Results for Fall 2015-Spring 2016-noted improvements and gap closures
- Semester One School Data- Attendance is up from a year ago, suspensions are down
- Budget Carousel Meeting on Friday, February 5th, 2016 at Central Office to discuss attendance, academics,and the need for a new paraprofessional at Grant for academic support
- Upcoming Family Nights- Wednesday, February 16th from 5:30-7pm, March is TBD-plans are in the works!
- Next Meeting: TBA
- We also discussed that the budget will be released March 2nd, the Enrollment Fair will be at MHSA on Saturday, January 30th, decisions regarding SAGE teachers, the Gifted and Talented Program for 6th Graders, and recruitment for K-4 and K-5 for the 2016-17 school year