Part-time teaching is a new option that offers a great work-life balance for retirees or teachers balancing family and career. A limited number of positions are available. MPS also offers a track to a teaching license for individuals who meet specific criteria, including those with a bachelor’s degree looking to make a career change. Representatives at the Career Fair can provide details.
Principals and school leaders will be on site to offer on-the-spot interviews. Candidates should bring several copies of their resume. Selected candidates will be moved directly onto a pre-employment track that will require additional documents, background check, and other steps.
Check out these exciting reasons to work for MPS!
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, professional development, pension, and tuition reimbursement
- Nearly 160 schools across the city that include options for bilingual education, language immersion, Montessori, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs, special education, and more
- Technical education programs including agriculture, automotive, business, construction, culinary arts, engineering, finance, health science, hospitality, information technology, manufacturing, marketing, and welding
- Rewarding work among a diverse student body in an urban setting
- Strong support and mentoring system for new teachers
- Pathways for career advancement including principal/administrative track
- MPS is home to seven of the top high schools in Wisconsin according to U.S. News & World Report and The Washington Post.
No registration is needed. If you cannot attend or have questions, call (414) 475-8224. For more information, visit our Career Fair web page.
South Division High School is located at 1515 W. Lapham Blvd. in Milwaukee and offers plenty of free parking.