At Goodrich, families are encouraged to support their children’s education by being active participants. It is important to realize that the Goodrich staff and families must work together to build a strong support network for children. Goodrich helps parents raise confident children by teaching citizenship, respect, discipline and personal responsibility. Parent involvement is critical for a child to succeed academically and grow emotionally. Families can support the Goodrich community by:
- Ensuring that your child arrives to school on time every day (7:35 a.m.);
- Calling the Goodrich office when your child is absent at (262) 236-1500;
- Ensuring that your child gets the proper amount of sleep every night;
- Providing a nutritional lunch for your child;
- Checking your child’s bookbag every day;
- Reading with your child daily;
- Assisting your child with homework;
- Dressing your child appropriately according to the weather;
- Offering assistance in the classrooms;
- Attending field trips;
- Being an active member of the PTO.
Here is a website created by our School Social Worker and School Psychologist that has resources related to childcare, COVID-19, food, housing, internet, MPS parent guide, and IMPACT 2-1-1.
Attendance is very important at Goodrich Elementary. We strive to reach 95% attendance or better each day. Please make sure that your child(ren) are at school, on time, every day. The school day starts at 7:35am and ends at 2:25pm. If your child(ren) has to be absent, please make sure to let the office know. You can call the attendance line directly at (262) 236-1560. You can also fill out the absence excuse form below and send it to school with your child(ren). Thank you for supporting your child(ren)’s attendance at school!
20-21 Traditional Calendar
Traditional Calendar (2020-21)
- Aug 25, 2020: Organizational Day
- Aug 26–31, 2020: Professional Development Days
- Sept 1, 2020: First Day of School – Students
- Sept 4, 2020: Labor Day break
- Sept 7, 2020: Labor Day
- Oct 23, 2020: Parent-Teacher Conference Day
- Oct 26, 2020: October break
- Nov 3, 2020: November break
- Nov 16, 2020: Record Day
- Nov 25, 2020: Thanksgiving break
- Nov 26, 2020: Thanksgiving Day
- Nov 27, 2020: Thanksgiving break
- Dec 23, 2020: Professional Development Day
- Dec 24–31, 2020: Winter break
- Jan 1, 2021: Winter break
- Jan 18, 2021: MLK Jr. Day
- Feb 15, 2021: Mid-Semester break
- Feb 16, 2021: Record Day
- March 19, 2021: Parent-Teacher Conference Day
- April 2–9, 2021: Spring break
- May 31, 2021: Memorial Day
- June 4, 2021: Records Day
- June 11, 2021: Last Day of School – Students
- June 14–15, 2021: Professional Development Day
Pick Up/Drop Off Information
Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
The PTO at Goodrich is very active. They sponsor a community Halloween party in October and Breakfast with Santa in December, among a variety of other activities. The PTO also provides buses for each class to take field trips and uses funds to support other classroom projects.
The Governance Council is given a variety of responsibilities and meets monthly to discuss school-wide policies, the Goodrich School budget and the Educational Plan.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to come to Goodrich and assist teachers in their classrooms. This allows children to combine support from home with support at school, making for positive results. Parents must make arrangements with the teacher before coming to help in the classroom.
Field Trip Assistance/Volunteering
To ensure the safest learning experience for all students, teachers may enlist the use of volunteers to serve as chaperones on field trips. This is a valuable service for which the Goodrich staff is very grateful. Parent volunteers are given established procedures to provide structure and accountability and to keep students safe when they are away from school.