Please click here for more information.
All MPS families and community members are invited to attend a very important meeting of the District Advisory Council (DAC) on Thursday, February 1. The District Advisory Council is made up of MPS family members and community members representing schools from across the district. The DAC meets on the first Thursday of each month to discuss important issues and decisions facing Milwaukee Public Schools.
This week, the DAC will discuss the Children’s Savings Accounts initiative being proposed by the City of Milwaukee. A team from P3 Development will lead discussions on this new initiative. The feedback they gather will help develop the Children’s Savings Account program.
The meeting will also include an important presentation on the MPS district budget to help families better understand the budget process currently underway at MPS Central Services and at each school.
The DAC invites you to attend on Thursday, February 1 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at MPS Central Services, 5225 W. Vliet St., Milwaukee.
• Refreshments are served from 5:30 to 6 p.m. in the lower level cafeteria.
• The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. in the auditorium.
• Free childcare is available during the meeting for children who are toilet trained.
• Interpretation in Spanish is provided. If you require another language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The DAC meeting is open to all. If you wish to attend and need special accommodations, please email email@example.com
Work on the Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) Long-range Facilities Master Plan continues and we need you!
The plan will allow MPS to strengthen our district and ensure that our school environments promote the academic success of our students and enhance quality of life in our community.
For this plan to be successful, we seek feedback on themes gathered from the first round of community conversations as well as the results of our Facilities Master Plan survey.
The second round of community conversations will occur in January at the following locations.
Monday, January 22: Obama School of Career & Technical Education – 5075 North Sherman Blvd.
Wednesday, January 24: Milwaukee School of Languages – 8400 West Burleigh Street
Monday, January 29: Riverside University High School – 1615 East Locust Street
Wednesday, January 31: Audubon High School – 3300 South 39 Street
All events will take place from 6 – 7 p.m.
We are selling SaveAround books from 1/10/18 to 1/24/2018. Please check your child(ren)’s backpack for the order forms!
- Our Milwaukee Enjoy The City Coupon Book offers thousands in savings at area dining, fast food, sports and service merchants. Coupons are valid August 2017 through December 31, 2018.
- Full-Color Milwaukee Enjoy The City Coupon Books sell for only $25 each.
- Each Save Around coupon book comes with FREE full year access to our Mobile Savings App for great discounts throughout the USA!
Each month, teachers nominate a student who is Respectful, Responsible and Safe in the classroom and throughout the school. Each Student of the Month receives a certificate, 5 bulldog bones, 4 free bags of popcorn, a pencil and gets to enjoy a special lunch with the principal! (click pictures to enlarge)