Please check out our online Goodrich Gear Sale!
MPS is hiring! Visit our career fair at South Division High School on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 9 a.m. to noon to apply and get more information!
Positions for teachers, paraprofessionals, facilities workers, and food service professionals are open in Milwaukee Public Schools. Learn about open positions, benefits, requirements, and more. On-site interviews will be available for teachers and paraprofessionals.
In addition to full-time teaching positions, part-time teaching is a new option in MPS that offers a great work-life balance for retirees or teachers juggling a family and a career. A limited number of positions are available. MPS offers a track to a teaching license for individuals who meet specific criteria, including those with a bachelor’s degree looking to make a career change. Paraprofessionals should ask about completing a bachelor’s degree through MPS University and other programs.
Facilities and food service workers will enjoy flexible schedules and will be on track to earn $15 per hour under the MPS Road to $15 plan. Under this initiative, all MPS employees will earn $15 per hour during the 2020–21 school year.
Interested applicants can also find job openings and apply on the MPS Employment Page. All candidates who receive a job offer must pass a physical exam and criminal background check.
South Division High School is located at 1515 W. Lapham Blvd. in Milwaukee. Plenty of free parking is available.
In June and July, the district will send enrollment buses throughout the city to enroll children for the 2018-19 school year. Milwaukee families will be able to learn about the quality educational options for their children and enroll students from the comfort and convenience of their own neighborhood.
Part-time teaching is a new option that offers a great work-life balance for retirees or teachers balancing family and career. A limited number of positions are available. MPS also offers a track to a teaching license for individuals who meet specific criteria, including those with a bachelor’s degree looking to make a career change. Representatives at the Career Fair can provide details.
Principals and school leaders will be on site to offer on-the-spot interviews. Candidates should bring several copies of their resume. Selected candidates will be moved directly onto a pre-employment track that will require additional documents, background check, and other steps.
Check out these exciting reasons to work for MPS!
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, professional development, pension, and tuition reimbursement
- Nearly 160 schools across the city that include options for bilingual education, language immersion, Montessori, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs, special education, and more
- Technical education programs including agriculture, automotive, business, construction, culinary arts, engineering, finance, health science, hospitality, information technology, manufacturing, marketing, and welding
- Rewarding work among a diverse student body in an urban setting
- Strong support and mentoring system for new teachers
- Pathways for career advancement including principal/administrative track
- MPS is home to seven of the top high schools in Wisconsin according to U.S. News & World Report and The Washington Post.
No registration is needed. If you cannot attend or have questions, call (414) 475-8224. For more information, visit our Career Fair web page.
South Division High School is located at 1515 W. Lapham Blvd. in Milwaukee and offers plenty of free parking.