After-School Program: Boys and Girls Club, 2:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Community partners: Danceworks, First Stage Children’s Theater, Junior Achievement, Mad Hot Ballroom, Sharp Literacy, Eaton Corporation, MSOE, Serve 2 Unite, Carroll University-German Department.
Curriculum: Gifted and Talented curriculum focus aligned to Common Core State Standards with specialty coursework in Languages (German, Danish, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish) and Music (Band, Drum Line, Orchestra), Springboard Curriculum (grades 6-8), William and Mary Pilot for grade 3, SHARP
Sports: Basketball (B/Co-ed), Golf, Volleyball (G)
Clubs/Other: A/V Club, Art Club, Chess Club, Debate Club, Forensics, Knitting Club, Lego League Robotics, Newspaper, Stock Market, Student Council, Theater, Yearbook
- Developing an awareness of each student’s abilities and talents
- Fostering respect for the abilities and talents of others
- Providing experiences in critical/creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Nurturing the leadership skills of each student
- Using cultural facilities to develop and expand students’ artistic skills and talents
- Stimulating parent and community involvement in school activities, events, and learning situations
The following classes and programs offer students at Golda Meir School opportunities for continued academic, social and artistic growth in a variety of areas.
Extended Field Trips – Various Grade Levels & Classrooms