After-School Program: Boys and Girls Club, 2:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Community partners: Danceworks, First Stage Children’s Theater, Junior Achievement, Eaton Corporation, MSOE, Milwaukee Rep., Schuler Foundation, Manpower, Groundworks, Urban Ecology Center, Milwaukee Art Museum, FoodRight Inc., MYSO, Milwaukee Public Television.
Curriculum: Gifted and Talented curriculum focus aligned to Common Core State Standards, Music (Band, Drum Line, Orchestra), Springboard Curriculum (grades 5-10).
Sports: High School- Basketball, swimming, soccer, golf, football, baseball, softball, wrestling Elementary/Middle School- Basketball (B, G/Co-ed), Golf, Soccer
Clubs/Other: Tech Club, Art Club, Chess Club, Debate Club, Forensics, Lego League Robotics, Newspaper, Stock Market, Student Council, Theater, Yearbook, STEM Club, Science Club, MS Student Council
- Developing an awareness of each student’s abilities and talents
- Fostering respect for the abilities and talents of others
- Providing experiences in critical/creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Nurturing the leadership skills of each student
- Using cultural facilities to develop and expand students’ artistic skills and talents
- Stimulating parent and community involvement in school activities, events, and learning situations
The following classes and programs offer students at Golda Meir School opportunities for continued academic, social and artistic growth in a variety of areas.
Extended Field Trips – Various Grade Levels & Classrooms