Application Process (3rd – 5th Grade)
Application deadline- March 15, 2019 (exceptions made for 2nd grade teacher directed applications)
- All applicants must have a teacher fill out the GOLDA MEIR APPLICATION FORM and send in with all requested documents.(**Parents may fill out the general information on Page 2 )
- Parent/Guardian needs to complete the 2-page Parent Input Form for Gifted and Talented ID and have it submitted with all the other Application documents.
- Parents and Teachers, please make sure you have gone over the check list on Page 1, sign and date it, and that you do not send the Application Packet unless ALL necessary documentation is included.
- Please do not send Progress Reports, only the current Report Card and final Report Card of the previous year.
- Writing samples, test scores, work examples and letters of recommendation may also be sent in order for the staff to determine whether the student would benefit from our program.
- Candidates may be asked to come to Golda Meir School for additional testing, a face-to-face interview or a trial period in a classroom to determine appropriateness for the program. This helps to insure a proper fit between a candidate and the school.
- With few exceptions the application deadline is March 15, 2019. Applications received after that deadline may not be scored depending upon availability.
- If you live outside the City of Milwaukee you may still apply to Golda Meir. After we have notified you that your child has been accepted, you will need to apply online through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Public School Open Enrollment page. The Open Enrollment period runs from February through April.
- All documents received remain the property of Golda Meir School and will not be returned.
- Applications are only valid for the specific grade applied for.
- Click here for more information regarding MPS Gifted and Talented Development Programing
- Once an evaluation is complete, parents will be notified if their child is identified as a candidate. Please be sure we have accurate contact information.