Ariana Huggett, Visual Artist
Families, please read June’s Parent Newsletter below! (Parent Newsletter: Sent home to families via email)
5th Grade Completion Celebration
We would like to celebrate this special moment for our 5th grade graduates. Our celebration will be two-fold:
1) Drive-thru Parade and 2) Virtual Completion Ceremony.
- Drive-thru Parade: Families are invited to drive up to Escuela Fratney on Wednesday June 10th between 10:00-11:00 am to pick up their completion certificates and gifts. We look forward to seeing everyone’s beautiful faces.
- Guidelines for Drive-thru Parade Pick-up 🚗 Drive-thru will take place in front of La Escuela Fratney 🚧 Follow the cones in a single file facing SOUTH on Fratney Street 🚘 Stay in your vehicle at all times. 🚃 Open a vacant vehicle window or trunk as you pull up to the school. This will indicate to our staff member where they can place your child’s completion certificate along with other items 🚦 Stay in single file as you exit the line******
- Virtual Completion Ceremony: This year we will celebrate our 5th graders through a virtual pre-recorded ceremony using YouTube Party. Please join us in viewing the video all together as a Fratney community,
Save the Date for the 5th Grade Completion Ceremony Video Debut
When: June 10th, 2020 at 6PM
Where: YouTube Party
Escuela Fratney will send a special invitation with the URL to view the video via email & text
Chromebook and Library Books Collection
Below you will find the schedule for Pick-up & Drop Off. Please follow your assigned day and time. We will group family items according to the youngest child in the family so that families only will need to come one time.
|Monday, June 15||Tuesday, June 16|
|11:00-12 noon||Open for families that cannot make their scheduled time||Open for families that cannot make their scheduled time|
|2:00-3:30 pm||2nd||Open for families that cannot make their scheduled time|
|3:30-4:00 pm||Open for families that cannot make their scheduled time||Open for families that cannot make their scheduled time|
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with this process! If you have specific questions about this process or conflicts with the dates, please contact our parent engagement coordinator, Ms. Lisbel at email@example.com. Thank you!
Fratney Recommended Resources for Online Learning: Updated 5/13/20
- NEW: MPS now has an Online Learning Resource page for families!
- Fratney Library Page has excellent online book recommendations and resources
- MPS is also adding ESL Resources for our bilingual students and families
- Ms. Sue’s ART WEBSITE: https://lafratneyart.blogspot.com/
- Ms. Stacy’s MUSIC WEBSITE: https://fratneymusic.weebly.com/
- K4 Grade Level Website: http://fratneyk4class.weebly.com
- NEW (5/13): ABRIENDO PUERTAS / OPEN DOORS LINKS BELOW:
We will continue to add instructional materials to our web page as the school year continues. Thank you!
Missing Fratney? Check out our FRATNEY FUEGO FRIDAY Videos!
NEW Video #3 : Theme III/Tema III & Earth Day
The Fratney Art Department is at it again!
Check out our incredible Art Teacher, Ms. Sue, and her phenomenal program impacting our young students.
Fundraising for the New Playground!
“Penny War” contest, as well as selling baked goods for a total of $1,500 so far!
1st Annual Fratney Earth Fair was a huge success!
Thank you to all of the families, students, and staff who worked incredibly hard for this event. Special shout out to the Fratney Art Club and Ms. Sue for their inspired work and dedication!
La Escuela Fratney provides a rigorous curriculum in English and Spanish that includes a focus on multiculturalism and collaboration with both parents and the community. Dual-language immersion allows English-speaking students to learn Spanish as their Spanish classmates learn English. We offer a safe and respectful place for all: students, staff, families and community. Families are recognized as the first teachers of their children and it is with their support and participation that we make our school a caring and responsive place.