- Grades Served: Head Start – 8th Grade
Franklin School’s top resource needs include: Sponsorship of Activities, Food Donations, Academic Support for Students, Landscaping/Building Maintenance, Student Mentoring.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Milwaukee Public Schools!
Regular and Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Are you interested in volunteering in an MPS classroom? Or providing clerical assistance in an MPS office? How about lending a hand in a cafeteria or on the playground? Check out our regular and on-going opportunities on our Opportunity Directory and then apply!
Apply for one of our regular and ongoing volunteer opportunities! Please provide an email address on the application if you would like to create an online account. Creating an account is not required–however, is a simple way for you to have all of your volunteer information at your fingertips!
Access your online volunteer account by clicking here.
Logging into your account for the first time? Please see our FAQ at the bottom of the page.
Short-term and Special Volunteer Opportunities
Are you interested in working with MPS students but aren’t available during the school day or can’t commit to a regular volunteer schedule? If so, consider one of the short-term or special volunteer opportunities below!
- Healthcare Career Pipeline Mentors – Volunteer at a high school to connect with students interested in the healthcare industry. Volunteers can be undergraduate or graduate students, current or retired healthcare professionals, or faculty from postsecondary institutions and will help in classrooms and/or speak with students about professional opportunities in healthcare.
- Junior Achievement BizTown and Finance Park– Junior Achievement of Wisconsin will be hosting day-long simulations for BizTown and Finance Park events, educating MPS students about economics, business, career interests and financial responsibility. These events will be held at the Junior Achievement Kohl’s Education Center through 12/20/2017. To learn more and sign up, click here!
- Tutor High School Students Each Week – Serve as a tutor and help with homework at one of our College and Career Centers within an MPS high school, each Wednesday afternoon, starting September 27!
- Mentor a Teen – Serve as a mentor to a teen at risk of not graduating from high school through the Challenge Academy. Mentors must be 23 years or older and willing to visit their mentee twice at Ft. McCoy, then touch base weekly with their mentee once he or she returns to Milwaukee.
School Governance Councils
Benjamin Franklin has a School Governance Council (SGC) that enables parents, staff, students, and the community to work together in facilitating quality educational plans that produce continuous improvement of student achievement.
The purpose of a SGC is to provide a forum for parents, teachers, community members, students and principals to work together in providing continued analysis and improvement of public school policies, curriculum, school improvement plan goals, and general student well-being.
Benjamin Franklin is looking for parents to serve on our School Governance Council. If you are interested please contact the school at 414-875-4400 for information on the election process.