The School’s Vision:
Fernwood Montessori School educates all children to achieve their fullest potential using Montessori philosophy, principles and materials. We prepare our students for active citizenship through self-development in an environment that fosters inquiry, flexibility and responsibility.
- A prepared, orderly environment in which students have freedom to work on their own or in small groups.
- Self-correcting, sequenced learning materials which help the child develop a strong foundation in reading and mathematics skills.
- Development of self-discipline and independence built around respect for each other and the school environment.
- Parent sessions on the Montessori philosophy and methods, with a strong emphasis on how parents can support the program.
- Belief that learning is a life-long process. The importance of developing a love of learning is central to the Montessori Method of Education.