The School’s Vision:
Fernwood Montessori School will inspire all children to achieve their fullest potential through Montessori philosophy, principles, and specialized materials. Students will be prepared for active global citizenship through intrinsic development in an environment that fosters equity, inquiry, flexibility and responsibility.
- A prepared, orderly environment in which students have freedom to work on their own or in small groups.
- Self-correcting, sequenced learning materials which help the child develop a strong foundation in reading and mathematics skills.
- Development of self-discipline and independence built around respect for each other and the school environment.
- Parent sessions on the Montessori philosophy and methods, with a strong emphasis on how parents can support the program.
- Belief that learning is a life-long process. The importance of developing a love of learning is central to the Montessori Method of Education.