As a new school year begins, I would like to welcome you to Emerson. We are looking forward to working with you this year. Our staff has been very busy setting up our classrooms and getting ready for school. I look forward to meeting you. I hope that you have enjoyed a wonderful summer and that you are ready and excited to start a great new year!
I encourage you to be an active participant in your child’s education. Update your child’s teacher on any major changes in your child’s life (an illness, separation, divorce, death, new sibling) that may affect his or her schoolwork. You may also support your child by:
- asking your child each day about school, learning and homework.
- reading to and with your child daily.
- reinforcing school rules for student behavior and ensuring that your child is following the PBIS rules and expectations.
- volunteering and visiting your child’s classroom.
- attending Family Nights and/or School Governance Council/PTO meetings.
We are always excited to see parents in our building, but please remember to stop in the main office to sign in. If you have a question, a concern, and/or praise, our door is always open. We realize you have a choice and we thank you for choosing the Emerson staff to educate your children.