Activities, in addition to promoting academic excellence through a challenging curriculum, Emerson students are encouraged to expand their skills set by participating in extracurricular activities. Sports, clubs and other activities allow students to hone their natural abilities while fostering creative expression and cooperation with others. By joining a sports or dance team, students maintain high levels of physical fitness while practicing good sportsmanship, respecting their teammates and challenging themselves. Students who choose to join a club at Emerson experience the joy of working with their peers to achieve a common goal.
MPS Recreational Sports Program
Emerson Elementary School provides the following coed sports coached by teachers and parent volunteers:
- 1st – 3rd Grade Soccer (Fall)
- 4th – 5th Grade Flag Football (Fall)
- 1st – 3rd Grade Basketball (Winter)
- 4th – 5th Grade Basketball (Winter)
- 4th – 5th Grade Cheer Team (Winter)
- 4th – 5th Grade Soccer (Spring)
- 4th – 5th Grade Track (Spring)
- Cub Scouts Troop 475 (Fridays)
- Girl Scouts Troop 10102 (Every other Fridays)
For more information on Emerson School extracurricular activities and to participate, please call the main office at (414) 393-4300.