Craig Montessori PTO Fundraiser will be starting on Thursday, October 5, 2017 to Friday, November 3, 2017. This fundraiser helps the school to build money to pay for teacher supplies, classroom pets, and food for Parent Teacher Conferences, just to name a few. Help support by selling as many items as you can!! The PTO thanks you in advance for all of your support!!
Children age 3 to 16 can receive free dental exams this Saturday, October 7 from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Marquette School of Dentistry. Sponsored by the Milwaukee Public Schools Head Start Office, services will include dental screenings, fluoride treatments, oral hygiene education, and limited emergency services if needed. A parent or guardian must accompany children who attend.
Appointments are not needed and transportation is available for current MPS Head Start families. For questions or to reserve transportation, please contact your family partnership associate or call (414) 252-0350.
Dental pain is a leading cause of missed school days for children. Dental care at an early age can help children learn good habits and keep their teeth healthy throughout their lifetimes.
Marquette School of Dentistry is located at 1801 W. Wisconsin Avenue in Milwaukee. Families should enter from the south side of the building.
Monday, October 9, 2017 at 5:30pm in the Craig Library. Please attend the to learn more about Upper Elementary’s Field Trip to “Nature’s Classroom”, we leave for the trip on December 4, 2017 and come back on December 8, 2017. During the informational meeting, we will discuss the itinerary, paperwork and payment plan. We will also sample some delicious dips which we will be selling for our first fundraiser!
Nature’s Classroom Important Dates:
Thursday, October 17, 2017
- First day of Fundraiser
Friday, October 20, 2017
- $75.00 deposit due to hold your child’s seat
Friday, November 3, 2017
- Final day of Fundraiser; all orders and money are due
- Parent meeting to assist with online paperwork for Nature’s Classroom
Friday, November 17, 2017
- Remaining balance due and all paperwork and online paperwork are due
Monday, December 4, 2017
- We will depart from Craig Montessori School for Nature’s Classroom! All students must be at school by 9:00am
Friday, December 8, 2017
- Arrive back to Craig Montessori School around 2:00pm
Parent Teacher Conferences will be Thursday, October 5, 2017 and Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4:10pm to 8:00pm. If you have not signed up with your child’s teacher please do so by contacting your son/daughter’s teacher.
There will be NO SCHOOL on Friday, October 13, 2017
Coffee with the Principal will be Friday, October 6, 2017 at 8:50am to 9:30am, in the Craig Library. Come talk with Mr. Galien, drink coffee and fellowship with other parents.
Hope to see you there!!
Craig Montessori Family Movie Night will be Friday, October 20, 2017 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, we will be watching “Inside Out.” The movie will cost $1.00 per person to get in. We will also be selling food Nachos, juice, water, and chips. A list will be going home with the prices.
Students can wear there pajamas to the Movie Night!!
Hope to see you there!!
Craig Montessori Picture Day will be Monday, October 9, 2017 starting at 9:30 in the Craig Library. Everyday is a uniform day. We are asking that students be in uniform to take pictures.
Craig Montessori Annual Title I meeting will be held on Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 5:00pm. The purpose of this meeting is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments. The Federal Law directs that Title I funds are to be used for the purpose of students achievement, professional development and to build parent capacity to better support their child’s educational attainment.
Hope to see you there!!
Please avoid snacks that contain peanuts: peanut flour, peanut oil, peanut butter or any other nuts. This includes snacks with almonds, filberts, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios and walnuts.
Please note: Food labels/ingredients may change over time, so it is always recommended that you read labels before purchasing snacks and make sure label says “Nut Free.” This includes labels that read: “May contain traces of peanuts/nuts”, or “Processed in a plant that processes peanuts or tree nuts.”
Foods that are recommended:
Fruits and Vegetables:
- Fresh fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, pears, clementine’s, strawberries, melon, berries, etc..)
- Rasins, Kirkland Dried Apples
Cheese and Dairy:
- String cheese or cheese cubes
- Nabisco Triscuits and Triscuit thin crisps
- Nabisco wheat thins and wheat thins toasted chips (multigrain, veggie)
- Ritz crackers, dinosaurs, sticks, (not Ritz bits or sandwiches)
- Town House crackers
- Keebler club crackers
- Keebler toasted
- Sunshine Cheez-its
- Nabisco better cheddar
- Nabisco cheese nips
- Saltines, oyster crackers
- Keebler Wheatables
- Keebler Munch’ems
- Kashi tasty little crackers (TLC)
- Breton brand crackers
- Pepperidge farm goldfish crackers (parmesan, original, cheddar, pretzel)
- Pepperidge farm goldfish graham crackers brand
- Honey maid graham crackers
- Animal crackers (Austin zoo or Barnum)
- Nilla wafers
- Stacy’s pita chips (all varieties)
- Rold Gold pretzels
- Cheerios (NO Honey Nut, Banana Nut or Frosted)
- Chex (rice, corn, wheat)
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Frosted mini-wheat
- Life (NO vanilla yogurt crunch)
- Pepperidge Farm mini bagels-plain
- Earth balance puffs and crackers
- Pirate brands and smart puffs
- Special K bars (NO Honey Nut)
- Fig Newtons (all flavors)
- Rice cakes (NO Quaker brand)
- Fruit snacks (Target, Betty Crocker, Annie’s Organic)
MPS believes that families play an important role in the education of their children. We want to engage families in school activities throughout the year. Please take this survey of your interests. Responses will help develop activities for the year at your child’s school. www.tinyurl.com/family-interest
Encuesta de Interés Familiar de MPS
MPS cree que las familias tienen una función importante en la educación de sus hijos Queremos que las familias participen en actividades escolares a lo largo del año. Le pedimos que tome esta encuesta sobre sus intereses. Las respuestas ayudarán a desarrollar actividades ara el año en la escuela de sus hijos. www.tinyurl.com/family-interest