At Samuel Clemens Elementary School, our extracurricular activities help students to develop confidence, cooperation, sportsmanship and teamwork. Students learn how to compete respectfully as well as how to play different sports. Piano and violin lessons provide opportunities for students to learn a musical instrument and develop their musical talent.
- Wisconsin Common Core State Standards-based instruction
- Block scheduling in literacy, math and writing
- Service learning projects
- Specialized programs for students with disabilities
- State-of-the-art technology incorporated in instruction
- Art, music and physical education classes
- Targeted interventions for struggling students
- Academic awards programs to recognize student achievement
- Progress reports provided six times per year
- Summer enrichment program
- Before and after school childcare
- Basketball and Track
- School nurse availability
- Book fairs
- After School Tutoring
- School Plays
- Coding Club
- STEM projects
The Samuel Clemens Elementary School Library Media Center is home to an extensive collection of materials and electronic resources. In addition to computers in every classroom, students have access to a fully-networked computer lab with current software programs that supplement regular classroom activities.
Technology is integrated into the Clemens curriculum, ensuring that students are prepared to succeed in a globally-connected world. At an early age, students are instructed in technology using SMART Boards and Mimeo Interactive technology. These resources combine the classic whiteboard with digital projection and a computer, creating an interactive system of learning for students. As students develop their knowledge of technology, online researching skills are introduced and software applications allow students to reinforce key concepts, practice math calculations, build reading abilities and apply keyboarding skills.
Clemens students are encouraged to explore educational sites on the Internet while being responsible Web surfers. The Clemens staff educates students on Internet safety, recognizing that online safety is a crucial element of technological education.