Cass Street School is one of Milwaukee’s best kept secrets. A traditional K4-8 school, we are located close to downtown on the lower east side, just south of Brady Street and within walking distance of museums and cultural attractions. Cass Street School is a GE Foundation school where we integrate Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math and Mindfulness to prepare our students for college and 21st century careers.
Students enjoy the emotional and social benefits of various art and music programs; drill team, cheerleading and a variety of sports teams. In addition we have an after-school Community Learning Center (CLC) operated by the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee which offers tutoring and academic help in addition to a hot meal and assorted after-school extracurricular activities.
Experience the Cass Street School Difference:
- All day K4 and K5
- Chromebooks available for all students in each classroom.
- School Uniforms (purple, black, or white polo shirts & black or tan bottoms)
- CLC (Community Learning Center, run by Boys & Girls Club — an after-school tutoring program)
- Extracurricular activities/After-School Sports, including: Flag Football, Softball, Track & Field, Basketball (teams: 1-3rd grade, 4th & 5th grade, 6-8th grade), Volleyball, Cheerleading, Steppers, Choir, and Poetry Club
- EiE – Engineering is Elementary is taught in K5-5th grades. This program integrates research-based, teacher-tested activities that develops students’ creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- PLTW – Project Lead the Way is taught in 6th-8th grades. PLTW’s mission is to prepare students for the global economy by exposing students to problem-based Science Technology Engineering and Math curriculum.
- Mindfulness & Yoga (teaches students “to self-regulate with simple strategies that develop attention, focus, impulse control, self-compassion and conflict resolution”.)
- Peace Garden (maintained by our school Psychologist, students enter a peaceful place wherein they may practice Mindfulness exercises and re-center themselves before re-entering the classroom)
- Outdoor classroom and community garden in collaboration with the Brady Street Association.
- Art, Music, Physical Education, Mindfulness and Library classes for all students. Yoga classes in 1st grade.
- Arts@Large and Danceworks offer additional arts programs and opportunities.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters (matching Bigs and Littles based on location, personalities and preferences, mentors and students get together a few hours every month — at school, at home, or on the weekends)
- Gear Up (a high school & college readiness program for 6-8th graders)
Call us at 414-212-2700 to schedule a tour!!