A. We envision that Burdick will be a high-performing public school, preparing students to participate in a democratic society, engage successfully in the global economy, and advocate for environmental sustainability. Teaching and learning will foster inquiry, be child-centered and research-based, and integrate positive social-emotional practices.
B. Burdick will be a safe and enriching center of community activity that is always welcoming, well-maintained, and accessible. Burdick will strengthen partnerships with families and those in the community who influence and affect students and families.
Burdick School educates all students in grades K4-8 in a positive, safe, and nurturing environment. Upon completing their education at Burdick, students are prepared for success in higher education, careers, and responsible citizenship.
- Students come first.
- The classroom is the most important place in the school.
- Children will receive a well-rounded, high-quality education.
- The community includes students, parents, employees, and other community stakeholders.
- Burdick is an integral member of the neighborhood.
- Administration and all staff support student achievement.