Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Bradley Tech High School!
We are always looking for caring, motivated individuals to work with our students. Volunteers are a wonderful supplement to the educational experience of children in Milwaukee.
Here is a short sampling of Volunteer Opportunities that are in the highest demand at Bradley Tech:
- Math Tutor – work closely with a classroom teacher, working one-to-one with a student of in small groups.
- General Classroom Help – work with an assigned classroom teacher during the school day.
- STEM Professional Presenters – present on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) topics or careers to a class, on a one-time or on-going basis.
- College and Career Presenters/Mentors – present on an array of college and career topics, along with assisting students in completing resumes, college applications, scholarship essays, etc on a one-time or on-going basis.
Volunteers are typically asked to commit to a minimum of sering one hour per week for the academic year.
How to become a Volunteer:
- Choose a Time or a Program
- Consider what type of volunteer service you would like to contribute, how often you would like to volunteer, and how much time you would like to spend each day you are at Bradley Tech.
- Contact Bradley Tech or the Program
- If you know which specific program you would like to volunteer for at Bradley Tech please contact Susie Melendez at 414-212-2583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not know where you would like to volunteer, contact the district’s Volunteer Coordinator, Heather Aschoff, at (414) 773-9823 or email@example.com
- Complete the Application
- You must complete a volunteer application before volunteering. This can be downloaded here or picked up at any school. If you have already identified that you would like to volunteer at Bradley Tech, please return the completed form to the school. If you don’t know where you would like to volunteer, return the completed form to the district’s Volunteer Coordinator.
- The volunteer application collects basic contact information as well as some specific details so we can find a suitable volunteer opportunity for you. Criminal background checks are conducted on all applicants.
- Confirm Role, Schedule, and Expectations
- You should hear back about your application status within a month. If you have not received a reply, please follow up with the school or the district’s Volunteer Coordinator.
- Once you are approved, meet with the teacher or other school staff member you will be working with. Confirm your volunteer schedule, assigned tasks, expectations for communication, and general school or classroom guidelines with the school.
Thanks again for your interest in volunteering with Bradley Tech and Milwaukee Public Schools!
Please contact Heather Aschoff, the district’s Volunteer Coordinator, at (414) 773-9823 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions or concerns.