Youth apprenticeships for current sophomores and juniors are open for applicants until March 16. Students interested in a YA opportunity in HVAC and plumbing for the 2020-21 school year (current Sophomores and Juniors) MUST apply using link below from the Plumbing Mechanical Sheet Metal Contractors’ Alliance.
Only students who have completed the application will be eligible for interviews, no exceptions.
The deadline to apply is March 16, 2020. Interviews are March 31
Those who apply will be expected to attend the interview day on March 31, 2020 (details will follow). We try to schedule students from the same school in the same block of time so that they can carpool or schools can coordinate van transportation more easily.
Requirements for YA Students
• Current sophomores and/or juniors on track to graduate and are (or will be) enrolled in a tech-ed related course
• Selected students MUST participate in a paid 40 hour, 2 week pre-employment training which will include OSHA 10, First Aid, CPR, time with three different trades becoming familiar with tools and equipment. Training will take place mid June with exact dates TBD
• Students will work a minimum of 450 hours throughout the summer AND the school year with specific hours to be worked out between the student, school, and employer.
• Students must have access to reliable transportation to get them to and from school and the job
• We are a drug free workforce, applicants may be drug tested
Tips & Suggestions
• Interviews will be approximately 10 minutes long. If your school has an interview “prep” course or something similar please urge students to take the course.
• Dress for success – while I don’t expect suits & ties, this is an interview. Please dress like you want the job. First impressions matter.
• Bring copies of your resume.
• Always, everyday, check your email. I will be emailing information to the email address that they provided on their application. They should check that email regularly as the date nears.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dajen (Diane) at 414/543-7622 ext 255 or via email.