Early Admissions is the best opportunity for 5th– and 8th-grade families to choose the middle or high school that is best for them. If families do not select a school during Early Admissions, MPS will make a school placement based on the student’s current program or neighborhood school.
The process is open now to both current and future MPS families. Families can apply in three steps:
- Find the schools that are right for you!
- Apply September 30, 2017 through October 29, 2017!
- Families choose up to five schools, ranked in order of preference. Students will be enrolled in the highest-ranked school to which they are accepted.
- Families with an MPS Parent Portal account can apply online.
- Families without an MPS Parent Portal account must apply at a help session; dates are listed in the online calendar.
- Students applying to the following high schools must participate in a Select Criteria Test Session: Rufus King, Golda Meir, Milwaukee High School of the Arts, Reagan and Riverside. Students test only once and the test is valid at all five schools. Meir applicants must also submit letters of recommendation and MHSA applicants must audition. More information is available at the Select Criteria schools page.
- You’ll receive your school enrollment by early December!
- As noted above, students will be enrolled in the highest-ranked school to which they are accepted. If you do not choose a school during Early Admissions, MPS will make a school placement based on your student’s current program or neighborhood school.
More information is about MPS Middle and High School Early Admissions is available at mpsmke.com/earlyadmissions.