As a school focused on Art, Design, & Engineering; Bay View High School utilizes a STEAM philosophy and rigorous course work to equip all students with 21st century skills, allowing them to become active participants within the global community.
To this end, Bay View High School students are exposed to Project Based Learning and engage with Pre-Advanced Placement SpringBoard Math and English Language Arts curriculum as well as honors and Advanced Placement courses.
With a slate of more than a dozen creative partners, students enjoy a full range of experiences from the culinary arts competitions to, working with resident artists, to participating in a musical review. Partnerships also spill into the Common Core academics.
- SpringBoard: All Math and English
- Honors: English 9 and 10, Honors Algebra, Honors Geometry
- Advanced Placement: English Language, English Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History, World History, Biology, Chemistry
- Visual Arts: Foundations, Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking
- Design: Computer Applications in Art, Image Tech
- Music: Chorus, Beginning Band, Advanced Band, Advanced Choir
- Culinary Arts: ProStart 1-2, ProStart Capstone
- Engineering: Project Lead The Way
- Business & Technology: Personal Finance, Business Law, Computer Science
Sports: Baseball (B), Basketball (B/G), Cheerleading, Dance/Poms, Football, Golf (B), Soccer (B/G), Softball (G), Swimming (B/G), Track, Volleyball (G), Wrestling,
Clubs: CLC, Long Board Club, Race Car Club, Special Olympics, Student Council (Coming Soon), Chess Club (Coming Soon),