Black History Program: Thursday, February 28, 2019
February Character Trait & Focus: Communication
The focus and character trait for February will be Communication, our students need to work on their social skills and how they interact student-to-student and student-to-adult throughout the school building. We have been discussing Student Discourse, what better way to get students talking then to work on building their relationships with each other.
February PBIS Celebration: Dance
Parent-Teacher Conferences: March 2019 TBD
Attention Clara Barton Families!!!
***No School Monday, February 18, 2019***
Due to inclement weather, your child will have to attend school February 19th, April 2nd, and June 13th. Thank You J
For students in grades K-8 on the traditional calendar:
• Beginning Monday, February 25, 2019, five additional instructional minutes will be added to each school day. We will send out further details regarding the additional five minutes ASAP.
• February 19, 2019, which is currently a professional development day for staff, will become a full student-attendance day.
• April 2, 2019, which is currently a professional development day for staff, will become a full student-attendance day.
• June 13, 2019, will become a full student-attendance day and students last day of school.
***5th Grade Graduation will be held on Wednesday, June 12, 2019***
October is Bullying Prevention Month!
Reminder: School begins promptly at 7:35 a.m. and ends at 2:20 p.m.
October PBIS Focus: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe in the Classroom
PBIS Character Trait: Courage
September PBIS Celebration: Harvest Celebration
Parent Drop-in Session on Respect: Wednesday, October 10th & 24th from 9-10 a.m.
PBIS School-wide Dance: Friday, October 26, 2018
WELCOME BACK CLARA BARTON STUDENTS, STAFF & FAMILIES!
School begins Tuesday, September 4, 2018 promptly at 7:35 a.m.
September PBIS Focus: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe in the Classroom
PBIS Character Trait: Confidence
September PBIS Celebration: Extra Recess
Parent Drop-in Session on Respect: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 from 9-10 a.m.
PBIS School-wide Dance: Friday, September 21, 2018
SPRING Bulletin Board created by Ms. Renfro
February PBIS Focus: Hallway & Bathroom Behavior
Character Trait: Tolerance & Diversity
PBIS Celebration: Friday, February 23rd
January PBIS Focus: All Locations
Character Trait: Determination & The Power of YET
PBIS Celebration: SuperBowl
Have a wonderful break Barton Families, Students & Staff!
SEE YOU WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2018!!!
Reminders: No School January 15 (MKL Day) & January 19 (Teacher PD Day)
DECEMBER PBIS CHARACTER TRAIT: EMPATHY
PBIS FOCUS: Be Respectful, Be Responsible & Be Safe on the Bus & Walkers
PBIS INCENTIVE: Students that follow the PBIS rules will be invited to celebrate by enjoying Hot Cocoa & a coloring sheet.
NOVEMBER PBIS CHARACTER TRAIT: CARING & KINDNESS
PBIS FOCUS: Be Respectful, Be Responsible & Be Safe on the Playground & in the Cafeteria
PBIS INCENTIVE: Students that follow the PBIS rules will be invited to celebrate by enjoying a movie and popcorn in their Pajamas.
W.A.T.C.H. DOGS & PAINTING WITH MOMS WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!!!
THANK YOU TO ALL THE PARENTS & GUARDIANS THAT WE ABLE TO MAKE IT
Mark Your Calendars!!!
- November 16th: Math Night 5-7 p.m
- November 22nd-November 24: Thanksgiving Break
- November 27-December 1: STAR Spirit Week Kick-Off
- Monday, November 27: Sports Team Day (Wear your favorite sports team colors)
- Tuesday, November 28: Krazy Sock Day
- Wednesday, November 29: Krazy Hat Day
- Thursday, November 30: Superhero/Disney Day (Wear your favorite Superhero/Disney outfit)
- Friday, December 1: Bling-Bling Day
- December 4-22nd: Winter STAR (Please encourage your students to take their time and read all questions and answers)
- December 14: Holiday Program @ 9a.m. & 1p.m.
- December 14: Movie with Santa @ 5 p.m.
- December 22: Last Day of 2017 school Year
- December 25-January 2: Winter Recess
- January 3: Students Back to School 2018
October is Bully Prevention Month
Please have conversations with your children about Bullying. What steps to take if they are being bullied and who they can speak to. STOMP OUT BULLYING!!!
PBIS Language: BE SAFE, BE RESPECTFUL & BE RESPONSIBLE
Parents/Guardians, please speak with your children about how important it is to be respectful, safe and responsible at school. Barton students receive Barton tickets when they are caught following the PBIS expectations in the classroom, hallway, bathrooms, playground, office, cafeteria and on the bus. Please encourage this positive behavior! At the end of each week, 3 students from each classroom are sent to the PBIS Store to pick a prize. The more tickets a child earns, the higher the probability they will visit the store. Keep it up Barton Students!!!
PBIS BACK TO SCHOOL DANCE & PBIS EXTRA RECESS DAY
PBIS Character Trait: Courage
PBIS Focus: Hallways & Bathrooms
The Barton community utilizes rigorous, child-centered instruction to ensure achievement and to prepare our students for higher education, post-educational opportunities, work, and citizenship.
- We value a safe and respectful school environment.
- We establish a culture where parents, staff, and community members collaborate to support school goals to increase student achievement.
- We provide all students with engaging, high-quality instruction in accordance with the Common Core State Standards.