Where all children are honored.
You can find our welcome back to school events on the calendar tab or the upcoming events window on the right if viewing on a computer or below if viewing on a phone.
Click here to download the Welcome Back postcard.
What Makes Lloyd Barbee Montessori School Special?
Our curricular program is very special. We follow Maria Montessori’s teachings of individualized instruction in a multi-aged classroom with specialized materials that help students learn concepts in a concrete way. We offer a rigorous curriculum, which enables all students to achieve academically to become critical thinkers and life long learners. Staff, parents and community partners work together to create a learning environment where character development, creativity and high academic achievement are valued.
To Volunteer at Lloyd Barbee Montessori Click Here
Our many community partners offer a variety of experiences to our students.
- Betty Brinn Children’s Museum GOOGLE MAKERS SPACE INITIATIVE
- Bradford Memorial AME
- Brady Foundation
- DaVita Dialysis Shoes the Fit Program
- Green and Healthy Schools
- Growing Minds – Mindfulness
- Milwaukee Public Schools Foundation Lloyd Barbee Montessori Fund
- Milwaukee Public School’s Recreation Department
- Mount Mary Art Therapy Department
- MPS’s Recreation Department Before and After school Child Care
- Partnership for the Arts Program
- UWM Center for Volunteerism
- UWM Peck School of the Arts
- Art Education Department
- Lynden Sculpture Garden