Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
PBIS is a joint effort between Milwaukee Public Schools Office of Family Services and the Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association to effectively reduce classroom disruptions and student suspensions through a school-wide systematic tiered-intervention approach. Data shows that schools that implement PBIS with fidelity see decreases in disruptions and suspensions and increases in student achievement.
School Partnership Programs
As a community school there are many opportunities for students to learn. The following programs are offered with the designated partners:
- PEACE Program – SET Ministry
- Making Proud Choices – Pathfinders
- Mad Hot Ballroom – Danceworks
- News Team – Arts @ Large
- Dance Classes – Arts @ Large/Danceworks
- My Very Own Library – United Way of GMWC
- Reading Residency – Milwaukee Rep Theater
- Literacy Plus – First Stage Theater
- Drug Free Community 53206 – Community Advocates
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables program – MPS Nutrition
Auer Avenue offers opportunities for all students in Grades 3-8 to participate in athletic sports such as Basketball, Girls on the Run and Cheerleading. Sport Teams are offered for both Boys and Girls. Fees may be required.
Academic Extracurricular Activities
Academic Activities are also available for students in Grades 1-8 including Student Council, Choir and the School News Team.
Auer Avenue offers opportunities for all students in Grades 6-8 to participate in Social groups such as I Will Not Die Young and 3 A’s (Appearance, Attitude and Aspirations). We also offer Second Step, Restorative Justice programs and School-wide PBIS.