The mission of The Alliance School is to provide a safe, student-centered, and academically challenging environment to meet the needs of all students.
The Alliance School incorporates the following concepts, ideologies and practices:
- a safe environment where students are treated fairly regardless of sexuality, ability, appearance, or beliefs.
- an inquiry-based approach to learning where students encourage the direction of learning by creating the questions that need to be answered.
- a college-like, flexible schedule where students are able to choose classes that fit their schedules, educational objectives, and personal interests.
- a strong focus on service learning where students are encouraged and expected to be change agents in their own communities.
- a program where mentors work with students to achieve academic and professional goals.
- a curriculum that incorporates the arts with the core academic classes.
- a democratic governance where teachers, students, parents, and community members are encouraged to participate in the decision-making of the school.
- an inclusion program that involves special education students in all aspects of the general educational environment.