On March 23, the Milwaukee Board of School Directors approved the return of students to in-person learning in schools. We need your help to plan a safe return to schools and classrooms. Please complete the survey by April 1 by clicking on the following link https://tinyurl.com/MPS-School-Reopening
In person classes begin: April 14th for K3-3rd grades, April 19th for 4th-8th grades.
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Have you heard about one of MPS’s best kept secrets?
ALBA School is a bilingual Spanish/English elementary school with a fine arts focus. Parents and students love the following at ALBA:
- Head Start Program for 3- year-olds
- Small nurturing environment
- Bilingual bicultural instruction through 8th grade
- Fine Arts instruction in art, music, strings, band, and dance
- Academic English language support
- Friendly, caring, highly qualified teachers and staff
- School uniforms
- Sports-soccer, basketball and volleyball
- Parent Coordinator for home-school connections, support and personal development
- 1 to 1 Student Technology
We are currently accepting applications for K4 and K5 students for fall of 2021-2022. If you need help completing the application please call the school office at 414-902-7525 o meet with Ms. Juarez in the Parent Center at Google Meet: iryzuxkxbx
- The application can be done completely online at: Bit.Ly/MPS-ENROLL
- The application for Head Start K3 half day program is: https://www.childplus.net/apply/en-us/
- If you live outside the city of Milwaukee, the Open enrollment application is: https://sms.dpi.wi.gov/OEParent/
Seats are limited, don’t wait to apply!
For more details regarding Kindergarten enrollment visit: mpsmke.com/Enroll
June 2019 ALBA School was recognized as a Gold Level School for reading, math and PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) by the WI Department of Public Instruction WI RtI Center.
May 2019 ALBA is proud to be named a Wisconsin School of Recognition for the sixth year. This honor is awarded to the school by WI Department of Public Instruction for moving students forward academically.
Also, check out the book below! ALBA School and four of our teachers are highlighted in this book!
White House recognizes MPS’ ALBA School as ‘Bright Spot in Hispanic Education’
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics has named Milwaukee Public Schools’ ALBA School as one of the nation’s “Bright Spots in Hispanic Education,” an honor given to only three organizations in the state of Wisconsin this year.
Call to schedule a tour or to enroll your child. Don’t wait — limited openings available. Call the ALBA School office at (414) 902-7525.