Coming soon! Enrollment for K4 & K5 for 2020/2021 begins February 2nd, 2020.
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
We are off to a great school year and hope you will enjoy fall and winter activities with your family. The faculty is enthusiastic about the students and their progress so far this year. We are confident that all students will achieve great success this 2019-2020 school year. School Supplies List 2019-2020.
- It is required that every student comes to school in his/her uniform EVERYDAY! We know that colder days mean more layers of clothing. Be sure that your child’s top layer of clothing follows the school uniform. This includes sweaters, sweatshirts and hoodies.
- We will continue to line up outside for entrance, dismissal and recess unless the air temperature or windchill is 15 degrees or less. Depending on the conditions on the playground students will go outside for recess. Please send you child with appropriate winter weather clothing–hat, scarf, gloves, snow pants and snow boots. Children can keep an extra pair of shoes in their lockers during the week when wearing snow boots to/from school. If you need assistance with any of these items please see Ms. Collingwood in the office.
- With the winter weather upon us please be cautious as you drive to school. Be courteous to our neighbors and use the parking lot on the corner of Burnham and 32nd Street. You will not get a parking ticket You do risk receiving a police ticket if you park on the perimeter of the school building. ALBA school is not responsible to pay for parking tickets. The blue doors off the playground are the only doors that students from second through sixth grade use to enter and exiting the building. The doors on 31st Street are for students in K3, K4, K5, and first grade. If you have children in multiple grades, please communicate with their teachers so that all your children can be picked up on 31st Street.
- Security Measures: For the safety of all students, the MPS Visitor Policy requires that all visitors reports to the office, shows a form of identification, sign in and take a seat in the office. It is not allowed for visitors (including family members) to walk around the school without being escorted by a school personnel.
- State Report Cards: The Department of Public Instruction released annual school report cards. ALBA received 71.3 points and earned the title of Meeting Expectations. Follow the link to see ALBA’s report card for 2019-2020. https://apps2.dpi.wi.gov/reportcards/ More information on school report cards can be found at: https://dpi.wi.gov/accountability/resources.
- Federal Report Cards: The Department of Public Instruction released federal report cards based on new requirements in the Wisconsin plan for the Every Student Succeeds Act in January of 2019. School are labeled for Comprehensive (CSI) or Targeted (TSI) School Improvement when there are gaps in student achievement. ALBA is proud to not be identified as needing improvement. The full federal report card can be found at: https://apps2.dpi.wi.gov/essa/
As always, we welcome new students for enrollment at ALBA School. We have just a few seats open for the remainder of this school year. ALBA School is a family-oriented school; therefore, we depend on your recommendations to retain enough students to offer fine arts classes and special programs. Follow us on Facebook.
The ALBA School Staff
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Have you heard about one of MPS’s best kept secrets?
ALBA School is a bilingual Spanish/English elementary school with a fine arts focus. Parents and students love the following at ALBA:
- Head Start Program for 3- year-olds
- Small nurturing environment
- School uniforms
- Fine Arts instruction
- Friendly, caring, highly qualified teachers and staff
- Sports-soccer, basketball and volleyball
June 2019 ALBA School was recognized as a Gold Level School for Reading, Math and PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) by the WI Department of Public Instruction WI RtI Center.
May 2019 ALBA is proud to be named a Wisconsin School of Recognition for the sixth year. This honor is awarded to the school by WI Department of Public Instruction for moving students forward academically.
Also, check out the book below! ALBA School and four of our teachers are highlighted in this book!
White House recognizes MPS’ ALBA School as ‘Bright Spot in Hispanic Education’
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics has named Milwaukee Public Schools’ ALBA School as one of the nation’s “Bright Spots in Hispanic Education,” an honor given to only three organizations in the state of Wisconsin this year.
Call to schedule a tour or to enroll your child. Don’t wait — limited openings available. Call the ALBA School office at (414) 902-7525.