Welcome back ALBA Students and Families to the 2018-2019 School Year!
We had a great school year and we hope you will have a great summer enjoying the warm weather with your family. The faculty is delighted to start a new year of learning. We are looking forward to meeting our returning students and welcoming our new students and their families. The following is important information to be ready for the first day of school on Monday, August 13th, 2018. Keep in mind that students in K3, K4 and K5 do follow staggered attendance as provided in the summer mailings. We are confident that all students will learn a lot and will have great success this 2018-2019 school year!
Here are a few important dates to add to your family calendar!
- Registration will be Monday, July 30th starting at 9:00am until 11:00am in the cafeteria. We are counting on your cooperation to verify that your child will continue to be enrolled at ALBA. Please come ready to fill out various documents for the new school year. Be sure to bring phone numbers for emergency contacts, the family doctor’s name and phone number, and letters from the doctor if your child requires medication or special accommodations. During registration hours on July 30th there will be staff members able to help you fill out these documents.
- Open House will be on Thursday, August 9th from 4:30pm until 6:30pm. Please be on time. It is mandatory that a parent/guardian is present to learn the procedures of the school, classroom and the grade level expectations. We encourage you to bring your child’s school supplies to the classroom during the Open House. Presentations will begin at 4:30pm in the auditorium. Your child will have an opportunity to meet his/her teachers, see the classroom, find your child’s locker, and listen to a short presentation from your child’s teacher. This is a powerful step in decreasing first day of school anxiety. We will also be selling uniform shirts at this event.
- School begins Monday, August 13th at 7:35 a.m. sharp. If you will be driving your child to school, you will need to park in the lot on the corner of Burnham and 32nd Street. You will not get a parking ticket there. You do risk receiving a police ticket if you park on the streets around the school building. ALBA school is not responsible to pay for parking tickets. Once at school, students should line up on the line indicated for their homeroom painted on the playground. The blue doors off the playground are the only doors that students from first through fifth grade use to enter and exiting the building. The doors on 31st Street are for students in K3, K4 & K5.
- Security Measures: For the safety of all students and staff, the MPS Visitor Policy requires that all visitors report to the school office, show a form of identification, sign in and take a seat in the office. Visitors, including family members, are not allowed to walk around the school without being escorted by school personnel. Parent volunteers will be received by the Parent Coordinator in the office.
As always, we welcome new students for enrollment at ALBA School. We are enrolling students in all grades from K5 through 5th grade. ALBA School is a family-oriented school; therefore we depend on your recommendations to retain enough students to offer fine arts classes and special programs. Follow us on Facebook for progress on the playground construction and other matters.
Parents, please see the links below for the school supply list and other important information for ALBA School!
For donations of our New Playground that will be installed for next school year:
To complete our new playground we need to raise funds for an art exhibition area, Olmec head statues, a rain garden and additional musical play panels. To make a donation you follow the link and on the menu choose ALBA School Fund. You will receive a tax deductible receipt in the mail for your files.
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Have you heard about one of MPS’s best kept secrets?
ALBA School is a bilingual Spanish/English elementary school with a fine arts focus. Parents and students love the following at ALBA:
- Head Start Program for 3- and 4-year-olds
- Small nurturing environment
- School uniforms
- Fine Arts instruction
- Friendly, caring, highly qualified teachers and staff
ALBA School has been recognized as a School of Distinction for PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) since 2012-2013 . We are also designated as a School of Recognition for Reading and Math.
ALBA is proud to be Wisconsin School of Recognition since 2012-2013, an honor given to the school by the state for moving students forward academically.
Also, check out the book below! ALBA School and four of our teachers are highlighted in this book!
White House recognizes MPS’ ALBA School as ‘Bright Spot in Hispanic Education’
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics has named Milwaukee Public Schools’ ALBA School as one of the nation’s “Bright Spots in Hispanic Education,” an honor given to only three organizations in the state of Wisconsin this year.
Call to schedule a tour or to enroll your child. Don’t wait — limited openings available. Call the ALBA School office at (414) 902-7525.