Visit our online application to view and search on-going volunteer opportunities or check out our summer, one-time and short-term volunteer opportunities below.
We are always looking for caring, motivated individuals to work with our students and in our buildings. Volunteers are a wonderful supplement to the educational experience of children in Milwaukee Public Schools.
- Summer Academy Literacy Tutors and Summer Academy Math Tutors! Help students with reading skills or inspire a love for math! Choose from 22 school locations. Volunteer a minimum of 2 hours per week, July 2 through July 31, between 7:30 and 11:30 a.m. (Volunteers under 18 must complete this application with a parent or guardian’s signature.)
- Come on down to the farm! – Help young students explore the Oak Ridge farm this summer, Monday – Thursdays 8:30 – 10:30! Meet us in Dousman or hop on the school bus, departing from a different MPS site each day.
- Explore the skies – Attend the planetarium with visiting students. You don’t need to be an expert star gazer to enjoy this unique opportunity.
Short Term Opportunities
- Great American Clean Up! - Stop by 9 – noon on April 26th to lend a hand to help pick up trash and tidy up the grounds at Hawthorn Glen. Participants will receive a coupon for a free admission to the zoo or a Milwaukee County Parks Pool!
- Career Coach - Spend a day, along side other Career Coaches, helping a small group of high school students discover career opportunities. Materials and training are provided.
- Become a Challenge Academy Mentor - Serve as a mentor over 17 months for a student at risk of not graduating from high school.
- 45th Biennial Music Festival - The 45th Biennial Music Festival will take place on May 7, 2014, and will feature over 2,500 students performing a one night concert involving elementary through high school students in bands, choirs, orchestras, and more. We are looking for volunteers on the 7th and in the days leading up to the 7th, to
- escort students throughout the facility,
- serve as ushers to concert attendees,
- set up chairs and music stands,
- tune stringed instruments, and more!
Please submit the Music Festival Volunteer Form to help at this celebratory event!