At year-round schools, the active learning never ends. The program operates on a trimester system with three breaks during the school year and no school in July. The curriculum focuses on the various phases of child development. After-school programs are available at some sites.
- Age Requirement: 4- or 5-years-old on or before September 1, the year of enrollment.
- Who is Eligible: Residents of the City of Milwaukee. Residents of suburbs where Chapter 220 program applies.
- Length of Program:
• Half-day programs: Approximately three hours per day, morning or afternoon sessions (4-year-olds).
• Full-day programs: Approximately six hours per day. (5-year-olds).
- Where to Apply: Application forms are available and accepted at all Milwaukee Public Schools.
- Remember to Bring: Your child’s certified birth certificate, immunization record and written proof of address.